Baked Zucchini and TomatoAugust 7, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Posted in Vegetables | 13 Comments
Tags: tomato, zucchini, zucchini side dish
We’re almost into the 2nd week of August and I can guarantee in a few days I’ll be hearing people say “where has the summer gone???”.
So better get out there and do some of those wacky summery things that you dream about when you’re cooped up and the snow is flying. Like
- Taking a walk at midnight
- Riding a ferris wheel
- Floating out into the middle of a lake in an inflatable boat
- Eating popsicles
- Playing in a public fountain
- Laying out on the grass and looking up at the stars
- Slip and sliding in the front yard
- Streaking the outfield at a major league baseball ballgame (nationally televised game of course)
- Eating fresh tomatoes and zucchini out of the garden…
…you know…summer stuff.
Let’s make sure that last one is covered.
Take a look at this easy and delicious dish that my Colorado blogging buddy Kirsten over at My Kitchen In The Rockies posted. This made its way onto our dinner table within a week of reading her post.
How much easier does it get than scrubbing and slicing a couple of zucchini, slicing up a fresh tomato and the fanning them out in a casserole dish. A sprinkle of salt and pepper.
And for some wacky hot summer fun, I added some hot red pepper flakes.
Pop it in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, drizzled with olive oil and topped with grated Pecorino Romano cheese and you look like a pro.
Thanks for this recipe Kirsten, it will be my go-to zucchini side dish.
Baked Zucchini, Summer Squash and Tomato…
It’s What’s For A Summer Side Dish.