Tags: Food, recipes, side dish, sweet corn
Fresh sweet corn from three ears of corn
Place in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with a pat of butter
Microwave for one minute
Top with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Fresh Sweet Corn with Avocado and Cilantro….It’s What’s for a Summer Side Dish.
Tags: Food, fruit dip, Recipe
One small tub of Cool Whip.
One container of pina colada flavored yogurt.
Mix together and serve as a dip for a fruit tray at your next party.
Cauleen’s Fruit Dip…It’s What’s for a Party!
One Year Ago: Simple Glaze For Grilled Shrimp
Two Years Ago: Cream Cheese Flan
Tags: Dinner, Pasta, recipes, short ribs
- Slow cook short ribs in your favorite jarred marinara sauce until fall off the bone tender.
- Remove ribs from sauce, remove meat from bone and shred. Skim fat from sauce.
- Toss sauce, shredded beef, halved cherry tomatoes and capers with cooked bucatini pasta.
- Top with coarse grated Parmesan cheese.
Pasta with Short Ribs and Capers…It’s What’s for Dinner.
One Year Ago: Chicken Marengo
Tags: Chicken, diner, Food, recipes
- Salt/pepper and saute two chicken cutlets until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together fresh baby greens and any herbs you have available such as mint, chives, tarragon or basil.
- Drizzle greens with Dijon vinaigrette, or your favorite bottled dressing and toss well.
- Place cooked cutlets on a serving plate and drizzle with a little of the vinaigrette
- Top with baby greens and herb mixture
Chicken Cutlets Topped with Baby Greens and Vinaigrette…It’s What’s for Dinner.
One Year Ago: Grilled Lamb Salad With Cumin Vinaigrette
Tags: apple, brie, Dinner, Food, recipes, Sandwich
- Lay two slices of rustic Italian bread on a sheet pan.
- Broil one side until toasted.
- Remove from oven and spread untoasted side with Dijon mustard.
- Top with arugula, thin sliced gala apples and two slices of thin sliced Brie cheese
- Pop it back under the broiler until cheese is melted.
Adapted from Fine Cooking
Apple and Brie Sandwiches…It’s What’s for a Quick Dinner.
One Year Ago: Tarragon Burgers and Citrus Salad
Tags: Chili dogs, Dinner, Food, hot dogs
- Open and heat a can of Cattle Drive Chili (Costco)
- Heat up hot dogs
- Microwave hot dog buns 15 seconds
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped onion
- Side with bbq potato chips
It’s What’s For Dinner.